Hello guys, In this article we are going to talk about Chamomile Tea. Basically we will discuss 10 Major Health Benefits of Chamomile Tea.
Chamomile is considered a safe plant.
Chamomile have been used in many cultures for stomach ailments and as a mild sedative. Some studies, primarily using combinations of chamomile with other plants, show it may have health benefits.
However, as with any combination product, it is hard to say that a benefit comes from any one plant.
1. Bolsters sleep and treat insomnia
Chamomile tea relaxes nerves and soothes the nervous system, therefore helping you sleep better. It lacks the addition of caffeine, and is best consumed before sleeping”.
2. Boosts immunity
Many studies have shown that Chamomile tea will not only kick illnesses to the curb, but also work as a great preventive measure.
3. Reduces muscle spasms and menstrual pain
According to a study published in the Journal of Agriculture and Chemistry, Chamomile tea has pain-relieving and antispasmodic properties. It relaxes the uterus and decreases the production of prostaglandins.
4. Soothes stomach ache
Chamomile tea has been valued as a digestive relaxant and has been used to treat various gastrointestinal disturbances including flatulence, indigestion, diarrhea, anorexia, motion sickness, nausea and vomiting.
5. Treats cuts, wound and skin conditions
The plant chamomile tea is derived from matricaria chamomilla L, which has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It also heals skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema
6. Reduces stress
Today’s busy, chaotic world leaves us feeling increasingly anxious and stressed. Chamomile tea is a gentle relaxant and acts as an effective natural sedative, thereby reducing stress.
7. Lightens skin
Sipping into hot chamomile tea could do wonders for your skin too! This magic potion can be used as a natural skin bleach. Chamomile tea packed with antioxidants which helps boost your skin health
8. Reduces acne
Not just the glow, chamomile tea could help end your war with frequent acne break out too. Chamomile tea helps fade spots, eliminate acne scars and fight breakouts, if used topically, due to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
9. Treats sunburn
The harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun can cause various problems for your skin. Chamomile tea is known for its antioxidant, soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
10. Get rid of dandruff
Fed up of dandruff? Drink a cup of chamomile tea. Yes we are serious. Chamomile tea helps eliminate and prevent dandruff, soothe scalp irritation and promote healthy healthy. You can use it as a final rinse after washing your hair.
Other Benefits of Chamomile Tea
1. Benefits of chamomile tea to improve skin
- Drinking chamomile tea can have extensive health benefits for your mind and body, but it can also be used topically to treat skin conditions.
- It is used in baths to treat itchy, scaly skin, chamomile tea can also be applied directly to the skin for healthy skin benefits.
- Chamomile tea has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can relieve skin irritations such as eczema and rosacea.
- The natural polyphenols and phytochemicals in chamomile tea can speed up the healing process of scars and minimize wrinkles and breakouts.
2. Benefits of Chamomile Tea to reduce stress and achieve mindfulness
- One of the most common reasons for tea consumption is the powerful ability of its ingredients to aid in relaxation.
- Chamomile tea can help reduce stress and anxiety thanks to its warm, soothing nature. For the best results, drink one to two cups of chamomile tea daily or when feelings particularly stressed out.
- Chamomile tea increases serotonin and melatonin in the body, two hormones that work to alleviate feelings of stress. By increasing these hormones, you can relax more easily and let the stress of the day slip away.